[SI-LIST] Re: Insertion Loss of Passive Components

  • From: "Hill, John" <John.Hill@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ryan.satrom@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 15:30:47 -0500

Ryan,

I would summit to you that not all filters use lumped elements. Strip
line filters are just lengths of coupled transmission lines and they
make very good microware filters.=20

You can also consider a length of coupled transmission lines as two
transmission lines with crosstalk. The vantage point depends a lot on if
you are an SI engineer or an RF engineer.=20

Best regards,

John =20

John Hill
Design Engineer
TK  HOLDINGS INC  =20
Electronics=20
27200 Haggerty Road  Suite B-12 =20
Farmington Hills, MI 48331
Office Phone: 248 699 2915
Mobile Phone 248 765 3599

=20

---------------------------------------
The information in this email and attachments hereto may contain legally =
privileged, proprietary or confidential information that is intended for =
a particular recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the =
employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the =
intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, =
copying, distribution, retention or use of the contents of this e-mail =
information is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to Takata =
customers or vendors, any information contained in this e-mail is =
subject to the terms and conditions in the governing contract, if =
applicable. If you have received this communication in error, please =
immediately notify us by return e-mail, permanently delete any =
electronic copies of this communication and destroy any paper copies.