[SI-LIST] Re: High speed signals go across isolation moat

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jack Olson <pcbjack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 08:03:34 -0800

Jack, propagating fields are remarkably brain dead.  They just keep
expanding until they hit metal.  When they do, they penetrate a little,
but mostly they reflect.  As the field propagates it doesn't know that
there is a break ahead.  The wavefront reacts to the break when it hits
it.  Since the break represents a big change in the relative impedance,
the energy redistributes, exciting the slot, and draining power from the
forward propagating signal.

Steve.

--
Steve Weir
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
121 North River Drive
Narragansett, RI 02882

California office
(408) 884-3985 Business
(707) 780-1951 Fax

Main office
(401) 284-1827 Business
(401) 284-1840 Fax

Oregon office
(503) 430-1065 Business
(503) 430-1285 Fax

http://www.teraspeed.com
This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential intellectual property of
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: