[SI-LIST] Re: High speed signals go across isolation moat

  • From: wolfgang.maichen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Jory McKinley <jory_mckinley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 20:45:42 -0800

Hello Jory,
I fully agree. As for crossing the moat, common mode components on the
differential signal (mismatched rise/fall times being one possible source)
have exactly the same problems as single ended signals. Also, in my
current job I usually have the luxury to disregard EMI issues as long as
the signal integrity is ok otherwise, but common mode will cause EMI
problems as well in the present example.

Wolfgang

Jory McKinley <jory_mckinley@xxxxxxxxx>
11/15/2007 03:28 PM

wolfgang.maichen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc
si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [SI-LIST] Re: High speed signals go across isolation moat

Hello Wolfgang,
Chiming in late on this one and agree with most of comments.  Would like
to add in your example that in the differential case imbalanced rise/fall
times create common mode currents which do not cancel and this could be an
issue in the split plane case (if the image reference is the power plane).
-Jory