[SI-LIST] Re: Ferrite bead question

  • From: Joel Brown <joel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Curt McNamara <CurtM@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 08:03:37 -0700

Curt,
Good answer, I was thinking along those same lines, but I could not find
any information to support it. Manufacturers of ferrite beads nor IC
manufacturers mention this concept. Nor could I find out how much
current the device (or any device in general) consumes at the
fundamental or harmonic switching frequencies.
It seems manufacturers are willing to characterize the I/O
characteristics of a device through IBIS or HSPICE models but there is
no such modeling techniques for power which would be useful for
designing the bypass capacitors / ferrite beads.

Joel

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org