[SI-LIST] Designing PCB Stackups

  • From: <codymiller@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 07:08:09 -0700

I have a general question regarding PCB stackup design. I am evaluating
how we design our pcb stackups in our group now and I would like to put
a procedure together or a set of rules of thumb to properly design a
stackup. I would like the procedure to ask all the right questions up

One question that came up is do PCB designers typically design with
vendor specific materials in mind or do they design with generic prepreg
and core materials. I see some pros and cons to both. What is typical in
the industry.

Any advice would be appreciated as well as if you know of any
papers/resources on the web that could be helpful.

List technical documents are available at:

List archives are viewable at: