[SI-LIST] Re: Best Signal integrity Schools in the USA

  • From: "Todd Hubing" <HUBING@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 15:02:32 -0400

In my (admittedly biased) opinion, the program at UM-Rolla (now the
Missouri University of Science & Technology) is excellent; particularly
when it comes to circuit board level SI. Two other programs worth noting
are Georgia Tech (especially for device and package level SI) and my new
home, Clemson University, (particularly for system level SI). I am sure
there are several other excellent schools that I have neglected to
mention.

As others have pointed out, any school with strong course offerings in
analog electronics and electromagnetics can be a good choice. I usually
advise undergraduates who are looking for a graduate program in a
narrowly defined field to communicate directly with faculty who are
active in that field. Choosing the right faculty advisor can be just as
important as choosing the right school.

Todd Hubing

Prof. Todd H. Hubing
Michelin Professor of Vehicular Electronics
Clemson University
http://www.cvel.clemson.edu