[SI-LIST] Re: Allegro ?

  • From: Michael_Greim@xxxxxxxx
  • To: zabinski.patrick@xxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 11:07:52 -0600

Hi All,

This is an excellent way to make sure
that your decoupling is where it needs
to be.  By highlighting different voltages
with different colors, one can walk around
the board and make sure that all the different
voltages for a given chip are adequately
decoupled.

I can't tell you how many times I have
used this to find that a given rail of a
chip is not decoupled at all or find decoupling
capacitors that have nothing to with any
of the rails that a chip is powered by.
Just because a chip is surrounded by decoupling
capacitors can be misleading regarding what
is actually happening.

best regards,

Michael Greim