[SI-LIST] Re: AW: Multi-Giga-Hertz Rigid-Flex Feasibility

  • From: Karthik Raj Guruchandran <karthik.guruchandran@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Scott McMorrow <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 19:21:39 +0000

Itzhtal,
I have seen problems in matching 100 ohm impedance in microstrip
configuration on a 2 layer flex.The constraint that caused the problem was
flex thickness which had a direct relation to the base material thickness.
Since the di-electric had to be thin (to maintain flex thickness), the trace
width had to be smaller or the ground layer underneath had to be
compromised.

But if you don't have such strict constraints on flex thickness, then as Lee
and Scott mentioned, it should work just fine.

Cheers,
Karthik

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net