[SI-LIST] Re: AW: Multi-Giga-Hertz Rigid-Flex Feasibility

  • From: Hirshtal Itzhak <ihirshtal@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Havermann, Gert" <Gert.Havermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 09:59:07 +0200

Hello Gert

First - thank you for your contribution.

I have a few questions regarding your email:

1) You refer to a trace width of 0.8mm as "small". This is a 31.5mil width,
which I hardly call "small"! I regularly use 3-4 mil trace widths in my
designs. Is there something different in Flex circuits, which enforces me to
use such LARGE traces (compared to my regular traces)?

2) I see the problem you mention for the Microstrip configuration. Is it common
to use Stripline on a flex circuit? I was told this is impractical, although
I'm not sure what the reason is.

Thanks

Itzhak Hirshtal
Elta