[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: what we do for our dogs (smoking)

  • From: Stormy Hope <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd list mail <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 12:02:25 -0800

What drove ME crazy was that when my kids (sil in one pair) went into
the AF, the all started smoking because they got Smoking Breaks and
those who didn't, didn't. Cigarette companies used to, I don't know if
they still do, give free packs to service men in boot camps.

I got out of "field day" by going to church that night <VBG>

My dogs hate/hated  the smell of smoke and YO! would back away from
those who had the odor.  Which wasn't too hot around judging time.

Storm

On Dec 2, 2011, at 11:05 AM, Liane Fossland wrote:

I smoked about a pack a day back in the 1960's, kept having a sore
throat
and wondered why. So, to stop smoking was the alternative. It
worked. Just
quit from one day to the next and chewed a lot of gum and hard
candy. Never
touched a cigarette again although the temptation was there; we were
military and cigarettes were cheap for us to buy.
Lee F.
@freelists.org [mailto:showgsd-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
]
On Behalf Of Kathy Partch

My husband, Joe stopped smoking about 30 years ago. I was always
around
cigarette smoke but never smoked myself. I really wanted him to
quit. Then
we started to do a lot of boating, motorcycles & snowmobiles (always
around
gas). Our first boat we had we had to blow out the fumes before we
started
the engine so Joe said, "I think I'll quit smoking because mostly of
our
hobbies, dogs, horse's & me." And he quit all by himself & never
smoked
again. I was SO pleased.

Kathy Partch