[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: futurity judging requirements

  • From: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Pruett@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 11:33:20 EDT

In a message dated 8/2/2005 7:10:28 AM Central Daylight Time,
almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Therefore if there are any breeders out there that know they are eligible
please contact me to be an alternate for the SE.
In the mean time i will be trying to find and contact alternates. I have
tried very hard not to get AKC judges, but it's almost impossible with the
requirements.
Laurie is right it's impossible to get matches.......i flew myself to
arizona to do a sweeps........it gets a bit costly.
***************************
Amy
The one problems you run into with AKC judges and being alternates is that if
they agree to be an alternate they have to block that date out on their
calendar. If they do that they may have to pass up a judging assignment due to
possibility of judging a futurity.(small possibility I might add). I know I
will
not block off a date for alternate, I was offered by two clubs last year to
be alternate and I declined both.

I still think it should be made easier for breeders to meet the requirements.

WRITE THE BOARD.  It seems to have worked about the 10 selects so why not get
them to listen about futurity judges.

They now seem to open for suggestions from the membership so go it NOW.

Lee