[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: New Question. judges & future judges

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 00:29:00 EDT

First do we agree dog shows are a place to evaluate breeding stock. The
judge
is saying with his/her top placings these are the dogs that in my  opinion
should be used for breeding. With this in mind. you have a class of  more
than 4
animals in that class you have at least 4 top quality animals  one of which
is a
showing fool never puts a foot down wrong. But there is  one that is
obviously
superior in structure but is an uninspired show dog in  fact the only time
you
can evaluate it's gait is when it is heading for the  exit.   WHO WINS and
why.
Fred Migliore

Personally, dog shows are one of the places to evaluate breeding  stock.  I
would prefer to see other attributes when choosing a stud, but  that is just me
and not the issue at hand <G>

Assuming that the superior dog has passed its temperament test, and the
judge has not made any final judgement/placement,  then, if I can observe
correct
movement on the dog who looks awesome going towards the exit,  being superior
in every other way, that dog would be my winner.

Ileana