[sac-forum] weather

  • From: Andrew Goodwin <a.goodwin1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 08:23:56 -0700

Well all this talk of the name and place has made the weather gods angry. Looks like we will have a cloudy night both Friday and Saturday. Could Pierre be behind this?

Rick let me know when you get your Garmin so I can send you maps and waypoints. The new firmware interfaces with Google earth and geocaching very well and you can load caches from geocaching com with one click. Very cool.

Andrew

Rick Tejera wrote:
OK, Doing a bit of Searching near Saddle mountain, It looks as though we may
be able to continue straight on Eliot where it turns north. About .15 miles
in it turns SW and then about 100 feet further on is what looks to be a flat
spot that may hold promise. I looked at aerial Photo's on the Maricopa
County Assessors site (Courtesy of Andrew). The cords are approximately N33
20.789; W113 00.275, Elev. 1000'.

The only possible drawback (Aside from if the road is passable by a
passenger car), is a wash that would need to be crossed to get there.

Here is the web site I used. Zoom in on the area I'm talking about and from
the menu options on the left, select aerial Photo and 2006 Flights.

http://www.maricopa.gov/Assessor/GIS/map.html

A Starting point at least.

Clear Skies
Rick Tejera