[sac-board] Re: SAC Budget 2002

  • From: Paul Dickson <dickson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 00:25:16 -0700

On Tue, 05 Mar 2002 19:33:58 -0700, AJ Crayon wrote:

> After having had some time to reflect on this message, I wonder; do we have to
> vote on this?  I seem to remember, from the constution(?), we vote on items
> that
> exceed $100.00.
>
> Regardless, my original vote still stands!
>
> aj
>
> jack.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > I think even the ones who aren't going will vote for it. I just need the
> > vote for the record. Are we Board members? Do we just need to be present for
> > our vote count? If so that's 2-0 already in favor. Nothing wrong with any
> > company name, we should just be generic, is the point. I'm calling Casa
> > Grande Renta-jon tonite to see how johnny-on-the-spot they are. Is that for
> > 1 day or 2 days???

I always thought it was $100 too, but I decided to reread the constitution
(it was on the CDs I was selling at the club meeting):

        Article III  Business Activities of the Organization

        This organization is one which does not contemplate financial gain or
        profit to the members thereof and is organized solely for nonprofit
        purposes.  The following issues of the organization shall be by consent
        of a majority of the voting members:

        Article III

             A. Acquiring or disposing of right, title, or interest in real
                property with a valuation in excess of $100.00;

             B. Incurring financial obligations in excess of the organization's
                capacity to pay given the current dues or yearly revenues;

So rental of the porta-pottie might come under B, not A.

Also by B, the budget that was approved by the board in February would
have to go for a vote by the membership if the membership were less than
153 members (or equivelent family/newsletter-only dollar amounts) minus
expected revenue income (do we have any given that the telescope parts go
to the grants).

Peggy, how does our membership stand?