[sac-board] Re: Herschel II Proposal

  • From: "AJ Crayon" <acrayon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 11:11:31 -0700

There are several e-mails on this topic and I'd like to address the topics
and positions with this one message.

In regards to joining the AL; no one seems to feel this is a good idea, nor
does there seem to be enough interest to investigate joining.  So we drop
this topic.

As far as observing programs are concerned we should keep them the way they
are without any tinkering.  This means the H400, 1000 New and 110 Beyond the
NGC stay as they are.  We should also support anyone completing the HII list
with some sort of an award.

The above sounds quite reasonable to me and I have no problems with taking
those positions.

The question that remains open is what kind of award should we present to
anyone crazy enough :)) to complete the HII program.  As Deep Sky Chairman
I'm willing to accept and review the observations for correctness and
authenticity.  That's still lots of fun.  Yet what does the award consist
and should there be a budget?

I'd also like to thank everyone for responding, you've been a great help.

AJ Crayon
Phoenix, AZ