[rollei_list] Re: VERY OT: Turntables and PC's redoux

  • From: Bob Adler <rgacpa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 21:02:07 -0700 (PDT)

Marc,
I have the same setup as you; a high end turntable, tons of vinyl (some of
which was bought by my grandfather and still sounds new) and a desire to move
it to disk (itunes or whatever).
I asked this question at our local Apple Store. The guy said that Quicktime Pro
had excellent analog to digital algorithms.
I plan to an RCA plug to 3.5mm mini plug (there are actually 2 RCAs to 1
miniplug) and plug the mini into my Mac and use Quicktime Pro to convert. I can
then, if I want, suck it into iTunes.
Hope this helps,
Bob

 Bob Adler