[rollei_list] Re: VERY OT: Turntables and PC's redoux

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 20:30:29 -0400

Hi Marc -

There are inexpensive solutions, such as the one Mark Rabiner
suggests. Peter K's solution will work as well. If you are going to
convert the files to mp3s and listen on an iPod, I'd go the cheapest
route possible, because it will not matter...

There are also more expensive solutions which will sound quite a bit
better. Good turntables, phono cartridges, phono preamps and sound
cards cost more money but yield better results. So much of this
depends upon how crazy you want to make yourself and how deep your
pockets are...

I would see if Thor weighs in on this because this is his wheel house
and he knows his stuff.

Eric Goldstein