[rollei_list] Re: VERY OT: Turntables and PC's

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 14:27:42 -0700

If you have Windows (I only have Windows so cannot speak for Macs) you can
set it up as you indicate and use an input on a sound card.
You can use Windows Recorder to record the sound but there is nothing more
you canwith the recorded image. For improving the sound you would need any
one of the 3rd party sound recording/editing programs like Sonic Foundry now
owned by SONY.

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> We have been discussing this over on the Internet Directory of Camera
> Collectors List (IDCC).
>
> I understand that most turntables from back in the day can be hooked up to
> a PC by hooking them to an amp and then hooking the amp to the input side of
> the PC's sound card.  Special software may or may not be necessary  We have
> a few professionals over there on the IDCC and they're not certain, as they
> already own and use such software.
>
> Any thoughts, Richard?  Eric?  Austin?
>

> Marc
>

> --