[rollei_list] Re: Rollei taking and viewing lens alignment

  • From: Antonio Garcia Russell <antoniorussell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 22:43:21 +0200

Yeah, its like what you see when you look through you left eye only is not exactly what you see through your right eye only, except there is no nose in the middle to block the view. Basically you will see exactly the same scene, unless you are really really close - like a Rolleflex on the edge of a table. Looks all clear from the viewing lens but the taking lens just included the edge of the table in the image without your knowing.

Antonio.

On 21 Sep 2006, at 21:49, David Dodge wrote:

I think some of the confusion comes from the term "perspective error".This seems a clumsy and inaccurate term for the problem.

The viewing lens is not in the same place as the taking lens. So naturally the the image in the viewing lens is not exactly the same as the one in the taking lens. This seems to upset some people, Mr Adams among them..

David

Eric Goldstein wrote:

Jerry Lehrer wrote:

Eric,

"Perspective error"?? Aw cummon now, you know better.

Well, at least one of us does ;-)

My H'blad SWC doesn't exhibit much of that.

For photographs documenting the perspective difference/error between the viewing and taking lens of the SWC, refer to Adam's trilogy... I think it is in "The Camera" but I'm doing this from memory and I'm not certain...

> My 500 CM exhibits none at all.

Exactly the point.

Eric Goldstein --- Rollei List

--- Rollei List