[rollei_list] Re: Rollei taking and viewing lens alignment

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:51:30 +0000 (GMT)

If Phillips chose the Rolleicord from 1939 to take
photographs about their Oscillographs even using the
Rolleinar 4, if till today the Rolleiflex TLR is one
of the preferred cameras for the astronomers to take
general views about the nocturnal sky, if Rollei sold
Rolleicords and Rolleiflexes T to the schools with the
Microtubus and Rolleinars to take scientific
photographs among other examples about Rolleiflexes
and Rolleicord cameras use for scientific purposes,
this discussion is irrelevant really.-

All the best
Carlos

 --- Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> Peter J Nebergall wrote:
> > having used just about everything, I feel this is
> an "angels dancing on
> > (with?) pin-heads" debate.  Unless you are going
> closer than my TLRS can
> > focus, its an academic construct, this parallax...
> >
> > to get really close, use an SLR.  I won't use my
> beloved IIc either.
> >
> > PJ Nebergall
>

> As Richard K and I have both pointed out, this is
> incorrect information.
> The effect is there at 3 feet and can be quite
> obvious when using
> Rolleinars.
>
> My best regards to your angels. :-)
>

> Eric Goldstein