[rollei_list] New Rolleiflex and Serial Numbers

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 16:32:48 -0800

A couple of hours ago I found an MX with Tessar at a local thrift shop. They wanted $25 for it so I took a chance. Unfortunately, the front element of the Tessar is not in very good condition but may still be usable. There was also an MX with a Xenar in it but it needed a lot more work than this one and was more. Also, the Xenar was badly etched so I passed it up.

    The serial numbers of the one I bought are:

Camera body, 1278950;
Zeiss Opton Tessar, 75mm, f/3.5, Nr. 912808, T coated;
Finder lens, Heidosmat, 75mm, f/2.8,  Nr. 632127.

I will be working on this camera, mainly as practice. If it comes out well I may be looking for a set of replacement lenses for it. I also obtained a mirror type lens cap with it but the plating is not in good condition. No case, the other camera had a case, as usual falling apart with rotting sewing. Curiosly, both finder mirrors are in excellent condition.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx