[rollei_list] Re: New Haven pizza photos

  • From: jon.stanton@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 05:44:17 +0000

I just "Googled" this bit of info:

"Totonno's
1524 Neptune Ave. (W. 15th & W. 16th Sts.)
Brooklyn, NY 11224
718-372-8606

 Established in 1924 by Anthony (Totonno) Pero, this Coney Island
hole-in-the-wall is the country?s oldest pizza joint that?s been run
continuously by the same family. Totonno?s brick coal-fired oven sends out
lip-searing, bubbling pies, including the signature white pizza made with
mozzarella, pecorino Romano and fresh garlic. Plan to visit because delivery
isn?t available. The Manhattan location features a full menu in addition to the
distinguished pizza. Also located in Manhattan at 1544 Second Ave.,
212-327-2800."

I've never been there...probably never will...

As a native Chicagoan and having lived there the first half of my life...I was
fed (so to speak) the information that Sewell's "Pizzeria Uno" was the first
pizza restaurant which of course is blatantly wrong..

As Traditional Jazz has it's "New Orleans Style", "Chicago Style" and "San
Francisco Style",  so it is with pizza... thin crust, thick crust and stuffed
and the various "styles" New York, Chicago and West Coast....