[rollei_list] Re: Decline of Rollieflex/Film

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 03:00:57 -0400

At 02:35 AM 3/25/2010, Frank Dernie wrote:
>Can you let me have a breakdown of the 35 grand requirement please? I
>am wondering what essential items I must have forgotten to buy.

Sure.

Camera  $12,000
five lenses      12,000
Photoshop            750
Class in same    2,000
Special printer    2,000
Special inks        2,000
special paper       2,000

Every month, the inks and papers have to be replaced. Every six months, the camera and lenses and printer need to be updated. Every year, you need to buy a new version of Photoshop which is so different that you need to take a new class in it.

You might want to subscribe to the Leica Users Group. I unsubscribed when all they were discussing was the huge cost of digital. As I do not do digital, I saw no reason to remain there!

Wait fifty years, and it will work out. The current situation with digital was the situation with film a hundred years back. Things will eventually even out. In thirty years, I might get into digital ...

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!