[rollei_list] Re: Decline of Rollieflex/Film

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 17:51:14 -0400

At 02:31 PM 3/24/2010, Allen Zak wrote:
>For me, it has been a mixed experience.  Customer demand and support
>resources have caused me to go all digital for editorial, portrait and
>event photography since summer 2004 when I did my last job with film.
>Even then I was one of the last holdouts in my area.  In every way my
>photography has become easier, less expensive

LESS expensive? Surely, you jest! The overhead for digital is immense, and the demands that you upgrade every six months or so are horrifying. LESS expensive? You jest! I am a poor man. I lack the $35,000 or more it would cost me to go digital. I already have the chemical stuff and the gear to make shots on film.

You rich guys have all the luck!

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!