[rollei_list] Re: Decline of Rollieflex/Film

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 02:54:58 -0400

At 02:30 AM 3/25/2010, Frank Dernie wrote:
>There are 2 things to say here. Firstly, you don't -need- to upgrade
>that often, if at all nowadays. I get results I am happy with. I do
>not need a bigger LCD or more functions. The resolution and dynamic
>range of the cameras I own is fine for everything I do. As I have
>written before, I personally get better results from digital than I
>got from film, so I have no need to upgrade again in my lifetime. This
>will save me a lot of money.

Thanks for your thoughts. I still cannot afford to pay the $35,000 it would cost me to match the quality I can do in film with digital. I am a poor man! But I do have bucketload for grand film cameras and lenses!~ And a complete darkroom set up, for that matter.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!