[rollei_list] Re: Decline of Rollieflex/Film

  • From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 06:30:38 +0000

There are 2 things to say here. Firstly, you don't -need- to upgrade that
often, if at all nowadays. I get results I am happy with. I do not need a
bigger LCD or more functions. The resolution and dynamic range of the cameras I
own is fine for everything I do. As I have written before, I personally get
better results from digital than I got from film, so I have no need to upgrade
again in my lifetime. This will save me a lot of money.

If you take a lot of photographs film is very expensive. Even in the early days
of digital a pro sport photographer would pay for his camera body in 3 to 6
months in saved film costs alone.
For an amateur taking fine art pictures on medium format the cost would be
substantial, but I expect that is a minority of photographers.
Frank