[rollei_list] Re: Anti Newton Ring Glass Effect on Enlarging

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 21:01:28 -0500

At 08:50 PM 5/28/2009, Dick wrote:
Marc

I am inviting all and sundry to join a _New Organization_ I am just now starting. It is the _Anti-Newton Society_. We are a group arrayed against gravity. Not only does gravity make some of us overweight it also adds too much seriousness to things. So, _Down With Gravity_ I say. We will drink our toasts from Anti-Newton Glasses and promise Not to Fall Down on the JOB!!

I support your proposal, however after a lifetime of being one of the few folks projecting 6X6 slides at U/W* film festivals, Newton rings were a serious problem. MF slides buckle unless in glass.

Read about them here-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton's_rings

DAW

*(Marc, that is an acronym for under water)