[rollei_list] Re: About some F "white face"... conversions?

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 01:05:33 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Lance:
          Thanks for the info, my "search" is about to
learn the differences between a true "whiteface" and a
false "whiteface"... :-)
On November 1966 was manufactured the first 2.8F
without the means in the body to receive the
"Planglass", it's from the 2.8F # 2,455,000 and then I
think your camera was manufactured on 1967.
Really there is no a significant technical difference
between your camera and a 2.8F "white face", like
there is no a significant technical difference between
the GX last version and the FX.-

All the best
Carlos

http://www.collectcamera.com/pagesrollei/rolleicam/28f286c.htm

> > The "white face" quoted above does not have 12/24
> > film counter, it seems to have the Planglass
> holder
> > in the camera body and the strap-holders have
> > semi-circles, these features are out of the
> original
> > 2.8F "white face" specs, it seems to be an older
> > camera with newer "white face" front panel cover.
> > Other example, look for the item 200010295772 on
> > eBay; this 3.5F "white face" has Planar 3.5/75
> lens
> > and does not have 12/24 film counter and the
> > photographs don't show the camera body without the
> > back to see if it is prepared to receive the
> > Planglass; the Planar lens and the 12/24 film
> > counter lack are out of specs for an original
> "white
> > face" model.
> > Conclusion: Be careful buying a "white face"
> > camera.-
> >
> > All the best
> > Carlos

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.