[roc-chat] Re: Upcoming launches within 6 hours of Los Angeles?

  • From: J Charles Conway <joecc100@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 10:51:31 -0700 (PDT)

Chris,

There are two places that will each have launches on May 5.

1. Plaster City CA,  regular club launch. (about a 4 hour drive)
www.tripolisandiego.org
for info and maps.

2. FAR launch site Close to California City in the Mojave desert.  It's about 2
hours away from LA.
This place often has serious liquid fuel stuffgoing on.  If you are interested

in this one please send me stats on what you want to do and how many students
will
be there and I will check to see if it will be OK to do. I regularly fly big
stuff there
so I can easily check this out for you.

- Joe C.