[roc-chat] Re: Upcoming launches within 6 hours of Los Angeles?

  • From: Ed Holyoke <bicyclop@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 08:05:31 -0700

Yeah, the motors are for sale. I think we've got a pretty fair selection of 29mm G through H and some I and some 38mm stuff, not sure what. Don't have to be a club member to buy and there is a member discount. If you want to fly bigger motors, you'd need to bring them along.

Kevin is our prefect. fly4fnkev@xxxxxxx
He'd have a better handle on what motors are in stock.

Ed Holyoke

On 4/23/2012 9:55 PM, Michael Levin wrote:
I prefer to buy my high power motors at the field, so I don't have to worry about storing them. Are the motors you have available for sale? I'm not a member of MDARS.

Mike
Sent from my extremely cool iPhone

On Apr 23, 2012, at 21:14, Ed Holyoke <bicyclop@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:bicyclop@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Make that the 4th Saturday of the month at MDARS. That's this weekend. We don't have a vendor, but the club has some Aerotech motors in 29 and 38mm and hardware to burn them in. We've got a good tilt-up launcher with both sizes of rail on it and rods, too. We launch pretty much anything, large and small. Last month we had two L2 certification flights. It is a Tripoli club, so any cert. flights need to be TRA members, but other than that, there aren't many restrictions.

Ed Holyoke
MDARS TRA L2

On 4/23/2012 4:09 PM, Richard wrote:
No one mentioned "The Mojave Desert Advanced Rocketry Society" it's a small group that meets on the last Saturday of the month. A plus is you get to push the lunch button yourself! Low power to high power 22K waver. Their field is east of Mojave, Ca north of Edwards AFB directions are on their website.

Here is a link
http://www.mdars.info/  this is a Tripoli

Richard C. Hall
TRA 11515