[roc-chat] Re: New 'mass launch' rules

  • From: Allen Farrington <allen.farrington@xxxxxx>
  • To: "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 16:04:44 -0700

Nope. The change is to treat mass launches of that size as if they are complex
rockets on terms of standoff. This does not alter the range sizes (different
table) which is where the 1/2 the maximum altitude rule comes in.

Since ROC's range layout already accounts for complex rockets, this doesn't
really affect us.

During our stand down period, the ROC board is reviewing our range layout and
procedures to continue our safety focus.

Allen
Terseness and mis-spelling courtesy of my iPhone