[roc-chat] Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - ROC Launch Cancellation

  • From: David Erbas-White <derbas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 15:59:01 -0700

On 4/11/2012 3:50 PM, Gregory Lyzenga wrote:

Does this have any impact on those of us who may be doing 'lone ranger' launches, or who may be hosting small groups of students out in the field? Or does this only apply to 'large group' events?

David Erbas-White

This is obviously a very troubling situation for us on the ROC board and for all of our members and regular flyers. We are working as hard as we can behind the scenes to restore our ability to fly as soon as possible. With this in mind, we would ask that members please refrain from contacting the BLM individually to inquire about the situation, so as not to complicate an already delicate situation. Clearly it will be a hardship for the flyers and for our vendors during this stand-down period, but we hope that many members will be able to continue to fly and support the hobby at launches held by our sister organizations in San Diego and central California.