[roc-chat] Re: Burial in Space

  • From: BSUTTONH97@xxxxxxx
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 00:10:25 -0400 (EDT)

Just out of curiosity, How many of you out there have a Saturn V available
for a mass launch memorial?

Since Armstong also commanded Gemini 8, Gemini-Titans count too.

In a message dated 8/28/2012 1:47:15 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
richard.dierking@xxxxxxxxx writes:

We all knew what Wedge meant.

Like many people (my age), I have mixed emotions about Neil Armstrong's
death.  For us, he lived a life that we could only dream of, and it was a
long life.  From reading what Neil wrote and others that have commented  on his
life, he deserved every second of the opportunities provided  to him and
the fame that went along with it.  He worked  hard and was a hell of a pilot.

I recall an interview many years after the incident where he was  training
on the LM flight simulator, when the interviewer asked Neil, "after  what
happened, did you really go to your office and sit at your desk and do
paperwork?"  Neil replied, "why yes I did", and the reporter said, "but  you
almost died!"  Neil just smiled and said, "but I didn't."  Dang,  what a man!

So, he was smart, courageous, and certainly talented.  Some might  disagree
with me here, but I think there are people like Neil that are just as
talented and they just need the chance.  I think that what Neil  and many other
past astronauts would want most is for the  USA to be courageous and carry
on our exploration of space, and I  think it would serve their memory best to
do just that.

Just my 2 cents.

Richard

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 9:20 PM, Jeff Gortatowsky <_indanapt@xxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:indanapt@xxxxxxxxx) > wrote:

No matter where Neil is buried. He, I, and you, for that matter, will
return to space. Nothing but time need pass. IO very elegant.