[roc-chat] Re: Burial in Space

  • From: Chris J Kobel <Chris.J.Kobel@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 15:49:11 -0700

Take your pick....

From:   Lakestake Rocketry <lakestake@xxxxxxxxx>
To:     roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Date:   08/29/2012 03:27 PM
Subject:        [roc-chat] Re: Burial in Space
Sent by:        roc-chat-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

In the vein of Wedgeisms didn't you mean 'hear, hear'?
;)
Matt
On Aug 28, 2012 2:19 PM, "Chris J Kobel" <Chris.J.Kobel@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Here, here...what he said!

Thanks, Richard.

From:        Richard Dierking <richard.dierking@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Date:        08/28/2012 01:46 PM
Sent by:        roc-chat-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

We all knew what Wedge meant.

Like many people (my age), I have mixed emotions about Neil Armstrong's
death.  For us, he lived a life that we could only dream of, and it was a
long life.  From reading what Neil wrote and others that have commented on
his life, he deserved every second of the opportunities provided
to him and the fame that went along with it.  He worked hard and was a
hell of a pilot.

I recall an interview many years after the incident where he was training
on the LM flight simulator, when the interviewer asked Neil, "after what
happened, did you really go to your office and sit at your desk and do
paperwork?"  Neil replied, "why yes I did", and the reporter said, "but
you almost died!"  Neil just smiled and said, "but I didn't."  Dang, what
a man!

So, he was smart, courageous, and certainly talented.  Some might disagree
with me here, but I think there are people like Neil that are just as
talented and they just need the chance.  I think that what Neil and many
other past astronauts would want most is for the USA to be courageous
and carry on our exploration of space, and I think it would serve their
memory best to do just that.

Just my 2 cents.

Richard
On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 9:20 PM, Jeff Gortatowsky <indanapt@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
No matter where Neil is buried. He, I, and you, for that matter, will
return to space. Nothing but time need pass. IO very elegant.