[roc-chat] Re: Burial in Space

  • From: BSUTTONH97@xxxxxxx
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 20:14:34 -0400 (EDT)

Mr. Armstrong did fly the X-15, Bring it!!!!!

Sept launch is probably too close for those who need to restore old
Saturns, etc. How does October sound?

In a message dated 8/29/2012 10:29:44 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
twofishnfools@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Count me  in ..... Apogee Saturn V      My son has a Estes X-15  ?

David  Erbas-White

Just out of curiosity, How many of you out there have a Saturn V  available
for a mass launch memorial?

Since Armstong also commanded Gemini 8, Gemini-Titans count  too.

In a message dated 8/28/2012 1:47:15 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
_richard.dierking@xxxxxxxxxx (mailto:richard.dierking@xxxxxxxxx)   writes:

We all knew what Wedge meant.

Like many people (my age), I have mixed emotions about Neil  Armstrong's
death.  For us, he lived a life that we could only  dream of, and it was a
long life.  From reading what Neil wrote and  others that have commented on his
life, he deserved every second of the  opportunities provided to him and
the fame that went  along with it.  He worked hard and was a hell of a pilot.

I recall an interview many years after the incident where he  was training
on the LM flight simulator, when the interviewer asked  Neil, "after what
happened, did you really go to your office and sit at  your desk and do
paperwork?"  Neil replied, "why yes I did", and  the reporter said, "but you
almost died!"  Neil just smiled and  said, "but I didn't."  Dang, what a man!

So, he was smart, courageous, and certainly talented.  Some  might disagree
with me here, but I think there are people like Neil that  are just as
talented and they just need the chance.  I think  that what Neil and many other
past astronauts would want most  is for the USA to be courageous and carry
on our  exploration of space, and I think it would serve their memory best to
do  just that.

Just my 2 cents.

Richard

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 9:20 PM, Jeff  Gortatowsky <_indanapt@xxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:indanapt@xxxxxxxxx) >  wrote:

No matter where Neil is buried. He, I, and you, for that matter,  will
return to space. Nothing but time need pass. IO very  elegant.