[riscos-printing] Re: Problems Installing Gutenprint

  • From: "Steve Fryatt" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 13:48:54 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, August 11, 2010 9:11 am, Martin Wuerthner wrote:

> Actually, it is d) and someone did notice. Today saw the release of
> Gutenprint 5.2.6 and the ChangeLog says "Fix printing to Epson S20,
> S21, T20, T21". The bug report describes exactly the same symptoms as
> you did above. So, it appears that S20 support was broken in the 5.2.5
> release, on which the current RISC OS version is based.

Thanks for the pointer.

> This will be fixed in the next Gutenprint for RISC OS release (sorry,
> no estimate for when this will happen).

OK, no problem; I'll pass the info on.

I'm no printing expert, but I see the comments attached to the ticket in
the bugtracker seem to suggest that a Stylus C68 or C79 driver could be
used as an alternative (possibly at lower quality).  I suspect that would
do as a stop-gap, at least if it got the printer working, so I'll
investigate further on my next visit.

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/