[riscos-printing] Re: Problems Installing Gutenprint

  • From: Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 21:43:26 +0100

On 9 Aug, Martin Wuerthner wrote in message
    <c9bb054451.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> No, that cannot have been the case. There is no way you could have
> achieved the above without GemPrint running. You would never have seen a
> Gutenprint dialogue because Gutenprint (GPDriver) is only run by GemPrint.
> So, that means that GemPrint was being run, so maybe your changes have
> caused it to be run twice (which should not do any harm though).

I couldn't see an entry either where !Install would put it, or in Configure;
I'll check when I'm back at the machine again, though.

> There are four things that could be wrong in this case:
> a) the printer is broken
> b) the printer refuses to print due to some internal diagnostics
>    (e.g., out of ink or an ink cartridge not correctly seated)
> c) the printer cable is broken
> d) the Gutenprint S21 driver does not work (unlikely - I am sure
>    someone else would have noticed)

OK, thanks for that (and to Ian, too).  I didn't set the printer hardware
up, and haven't seen a manual for it, so I suspect a return trip with a
spare USB cable and a non-RISC OS machine to test it with will be happening
in the next few weeks.

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/