[regional_school] Re: Update

  • From: Elizabeth Osta <elizabethosta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: regional_school@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 11:18:41 -0400

Great update, Bill. Any help needed, just give a shout. Meantime here's a
shout for you for all the behind the scenes work you are continuing to do.
This is not a 'dream deferred'. Rather it is a dream in the making. Bless
you for your vision and leadership as we move forward.

elizabeth
On Jun 3, 2011 11:10 AM, "William Cala" <wcala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>

> Over the past year there has been a significant amount of work behind the
> scenes to forward the establishment of the Regional Academy. Due to the
> significant changes in City government, large legislative hurdles in
Albany,
> the exit of the commissioner of education and the departure of the
> superintendent of RCSD, progress is much slower than we would like. Tom
> Frey, Bryan Hetherington and I have been working the back room on a very
> regular basis for the last 11 months. We had a meeting with RCSD personnel
> this week and are scheduling a meeting with Bolgen Vargas to pave a path
for
> the Regional Academy.
>

> Politics always plays a role in converting the sacred into the profane. We
> continue to maintain optimism that the legislative bill that has been
> drafted will become reality. Not an easy task.
>

> Good things do not come easily. If we believe in what we have created for
> the benefit of children, then we must continue pushing forward. We can
> NEVER abandon the hopes, dreams and futures of our kids. I just read a
> book, Bringing Adam Home. The book is about the kidnapping and brutal
> murder of Adam Walsh in 1981. I think most of us know the case and his
> father who, as a result of this horrific crime, became the host of
America's