[regional_school] Re: Update

  • From: "Hursh, David" <dhursh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <regional_school@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 08:42:54 -0500

Thank you Bill for your courage. As I think you know, I agree with your
analysis and gave my critique on the Bob Smith Show at the end of December
(which I think is still available on the WXXI website). My book, High Stakes
Testing and the Decline of Teaching and Learning, also has a chapter
critiquing mayoral control in Chicago and a few pages critiquing NYC's
mayoral control. If there is anything I can do to assist in the fight,
please let me know.

Thanks, too, to Shawgi for an excellent analysis of the issue from the
perspective of what best furthers democracy.

David Hursh, University of Rochester

--
David Hursh, PhD
Associate Professor