[real-eyes] Re: how to place icons on my start menu?

  • From: "Reginald George" <sgeorge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 06:00:04 -0600

The computer could be set to show a personalized start menu.  This setting
is berried deep in the advanced tab under customize start menu and needs to
be switched off.  I don't have Windows ME so can't remember the exact steps
to get there but, it's not too difficult.

1.  Go to the desktop and press tab till you hear task bar.  Then press alt
enter.  You will be in task bar and start menu properties.
2.  Control tab to the start menu page and begin to tab till you hear
customize start menu button.
3.  Press space here, then control tab to the advanced page and tab through
the options.  There are also buttons here to directly add and remove
programs from your start menu as well as the option I mentioned, check boxes
to turn on and off displaying of favorites with the space bar, and much
more.  Be sure to down arrow through everything listed on the tree view to
find all the options.

Reg