[real-eyes] Re: addressing envelopes

  • From: "Andrea Breier" <abreier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 06:54:58 -0600

Hay Kim, I use the computer all the time to address envelopes, and it works
great.  Your printer can take envelopes.  You may need sighted assistance to
tell you the first time how they need to go in to the tray.  I can tell you
that the envelope is put into the tray flap side up.  Type the address in
word, and place your cursor anywhere in the address text.  If the address is
already in a letter, just place the cursor in the address text.  Go to tools
and then enter on letters and mailings and then envelopes and labels.
Depending on what version of windows you are running you may not have the
letters and mailings selection in your menu.  It will go directly to
envelopes and labels.  There are two control tabs here.  First shift tab to
get to the control tab.  Use right and left arrow to read the tabs.  when
you hear that you are on the envelopes tab press tab until you get to the
delivery address.  You should see that it is already placed here for you
because your cursor is in it on your document.  Tab over to the return
address edit box and type your name and address.  Press enter to go to the
next lines when needed.  I think it will ask if you want to retain the
return address.  Tab to print and press space on the print button.  There is
a lot of other stuff that you will not need, such as the address book
information.  I don't think it is really accessible any way.  Happy mailing!
Andrea Breier, President, Heartland Guide Dog Users

"Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or make the tree bad and its
fruit bad; for the tree is known by its fruit." (Matthew 12:33)