[pythian] Re: PROJECT - possibilities..

  • From: Darryl Long <dlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 08:49:57 -0400

>   i've been busier than a beaver

mmmmm....

>   the idea sounds rather cool though. are we going to have a
> dark night
> enviroment with our new particle effects showing off as
> torches / smoke
> in the actual fort ?

That would be nice.  I think we already have a torch effect.  Is that
correct, Kamil?  Anyway, much of the fort is interior, and forts aren't very
well sun-lit because they have few windows, so it is going to be very dark
inside anyway.  The Goluruts would have torches burning at all times, so we
will have torches to make it brighter.

>   i agree. also, i freel that our textures are kind of
> letting us down.
> looking at the pictures that darryl was crying at earlier, i was quite
> amazed. we _need_ good texture artists to give our game some
> shine so go
> searching please. kthnx.

Indeed so.  kthnx.

>   i like this idea, it balances the two entrances quite well. however,
> do we have any way of cofusing guars yet ? i remember in theif 2 you
> could have noisemaker arrows and things like that. should we think of
> implementing something like that. also, our smoke grenades need to
> confuse guards too, not just smoke up the place like they
> currently do.

I don't know much about noise-maker arrows, but I think a metal-tipped arrow
smacking into a wall makes lots of noise anyway.  That said, I'm not sure I
want to get into the whole "noise" thing.  Noise is complicated.

The smoke, however, isn't a problem.  I just need to make it block the sight
of the guards and it will be somewhat effective.  Also useful would be if
they panic when they find themselves enveloped in smoke.

>   also, are we going to let the player steal other things ?
> and will we
> have a score at the end of the map ?

Yes, we could do this.  Stealing other things was a given, I thought :)  As
for the score, that's up to you, lead-designer-guy.

Darryl