[pythian] Re: CODE - sorting, models, transparency

  • From: Darryl Long <pythianproject@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 21:59:22 -0700

>mipmaps the engine goes at 27 fps instead of 180fps in the quake map. Well,
>the map had no sectors. I don't know what is the better solution - mixed
>colors or worse performance?

We must have mipmaps.  Once I realized why mipmaps are faster than
without, I realized how stupid it is to ever not have mipmaps.  Yes it
will look worse, but the idea is these will be far away and thus less
noticable that they are munged.  Also, the lightmaps in Phase 1 were
mipmapped, and that looked just fine.

Darryl