[pythian] Re: CODE - sorting, models, transparency

  • From: "kk" <krauspe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:42:03 +0200

> BTW, do you need me to change the strip code to only generate planar
> strips or have you done this already?

No, but can you please add some code to create also triangle fans - they are
almost so effective as strips and much more effective as triangle lists.

I have done another commit... I have added messy multitexture and multipass
support (really needs cleanup), but no multipass * multitexture support. I
have tried to render lightmaps for a quake3 map and it works well... yo
lights aren't imported - so it was a lightsource created manually. The
problem and the question is: does a lightmap need mipmaps?

If there are mipmaps for lightmaps, there will be some bad lighting
artifacts because the lightmap losses quality and mixes all the colors
together also with colors of other polygones. This is bad, but without
mipmaps the engine goes at 27 fps instead of 180fps in the quake map. Well,
the map had no sectors. I don't know what is the better solution - mixed
colors or worse performance?

-kk