[pure-silver] Re: wiring diagram for Devere 108S?

  • From: Gianni Rondinini <freelists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 09:31:52 +0100

Shannon Stoney ha scritto:
This is actually the monster that I have:

it looks quite old. i'd say at least 35/40 years old: is it possible?
i have an agfa colormat that looks similar as technology...

i haven't read your past emails about this enlarger, i'm sorry (this list has a lot of traffic and i don't have the time to read everything) but the wiring for this type of enlarger shouldn't be too complex: what's wrong with your one? perhaps talking about this we can fix it.

my agfa has a simple wiring inside the enlarger head and a very complex wiring inside the... ehm... how do you call the thing where you put the paper when you want a white border around the image on your prints? anyway, i have an automagic [$THING] that will compensate exposure time depending on the negative you're printing and another external [$THING_2] used to compensate the colour casts of the various negatives/papers. these 2 external accessories are pretty complex (nowadays they'd require a 40 cents cpu but during the sixties they only had valves, relays and wires to use...), but the enlarter head and it's power supply are pretty straight forward to understand. i hope your devere is similar.

the man that said that every 108s was wired in a different way wasn't completely sincere, but he wasn't a total liar either. since these monsters have never had a large market it's true for sure that different lots/batches had different wirings and perhaps that each 6 months the manufacturer may had changed something somewhere. in europe this wouldn't be a problem: the man at the phone would have fax'd you a (almost certainly wrong) wiring diagram, then you would have completely messed up the things and the whole problem would then have been up to you. in the states it's possible that if somebody in a shop send you a wrong wiring and you burn everything in your enlarger you may ask him the damages he caused you (i don't know, this is just a supposition), then he preferred to tell you the short version and 'thanks sir, see you next time. get back shopping from us soon'.

i don't know if we're off topic with this: moderators/owners please tell us if we shouldn't go on the list.

regards,