[pure-silver] Re: [lens] Re: Film vs Digital- was: Amusing Kodak commercial

  • From: David Starr <davestarr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 11:45:53 -0800 (PST)

tOM Trottier <tOM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: On Saturday, December 30, 2006 at 13:00,
BILL WILLIAMS
 wrot

>I don't think it's about cost so much - though each digital pic is
>>essentially free after capital costs.

Digital photo
equipment doesn't last nearly as long as analog

>It's about communication - people can send their pics by email to >friends.

Regular mail; not everyone has a computer & internet access.

>And control - edit, crop, enlarge, on a computer you already have.

I had a darkroom long before I had a computer.

All that said, whichever you prefer.  I  prefer the magic of the darkroom.

Retired Shop Rat - 14,647 days in a GM Plant
Web site - www.destarr.com