[pure-silver] Re: [lens] Re: Film vs Digital- was: Amusing Kodak commercial

  • From: Bob Randall <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 12:15:17 -0600

On 12/31/06 12:07 PM, "afterswift@xxxxxxx" <afterswift@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Randy,
>
> The reason folks are making an issue out of the crossover between film and
> digital and back again is to preserve OPTIONS. That is multiple approaches to
> photography so it doesn't get locked into one technology. That means freedom
> for us. If you can't fathom that, there's nothing I can do about it.
>
> Bob R

Not quite sure who Randy is but I have a feeling you¹re responding to me.
Discussing the elements of crossover between different technologies would be
an interesting read and I might be inclined to participate. Putting up with
endless debates over the cost of getting prints from Fuji machines at
Wal-Mart stores is hardly scintillating debate and it usually leads to the
type of response you just gave. I like Justin¹s response far better.

Bob Randall