[pure-silver] Re: Film vs Digital- was: Amusing Kodak commercial

  • From: afterswift@xxxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 14:26:43 -0500

 Speedy,

 In addition to everything you mentioned, the very reason for this list is the
negative.
 Digitals don't produce negatives. Digital over the long haul is a "luft" or
evaporating medium. No one can vouch for the genesis of a digital image beyond
a lifetime. I don't even trust a news shot in the NYT, and The Times has strict
standards for publishing a digital photo.

 Bob