[pure-silver] Re: fence row project negatives

  • From: nicolas <nicolas3141@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 08:01:35 +1000 (EST)

N+2 development raises the contrast, but in terms of
local contrast it does so only within a narrower band
of midgreys.  The shadows and highlights may actually
get their local contrast reduced by being blocked into
pure black/white.  So the idea of the green/yellow/red
filters is to lighten the leaves, darken the sky and
reduce the overall contrast of the scene (leaves vs
sky) - which then allows you to boost the local
contrast with increased development.

Nicolas

--- Shannon Stoney <shannonstoney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>