[pure-silver] Re: fence row project negatives

  • From: "Dana H. Myers" <dana.myers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 17:33:00 -0700

Jim Brick wrote:
At 06:42 PM 9/22/2007 -0500, Shannon Stoney wrote:

So, in retrospect I realized I should have not worried about the sky at all, but just let it blow out. After all it's not an important part of the image.

--shannon

That is indeed what you should have done... then expose & develop as N+2 or 3 :-) I'm really careful about this kind of stuff because I don't know how to fix things in PhotoSlop.

Even with PhotoShop, there's no magic bullet.  You really want to get
the negative right; otherwise you end up with something difficult to
print or scan, even if you have a scanner that allows adjusting
pre-scan analog gain.

Dana